Asphalt – Director of Operations
Manage and orchestrate and be accountable for all functions of production for asphalt jobs by leading employees and communicating with customers and vendors while maintaining quality and profitability.
- Manage subordinates and equipment to achieve maximum production efficiency while minimizing costs.
- Schedule work in consultation with clients, subcontractors, and employees.
- Manage and balance daily workloads so that deadlines, expectations, and quality are achieved.
- Consistently report progress, schedule, and production to executive management team.
- Monitor and manage inventory to maximize returns and limit costs.
- Track all job production, efficiency reporting, and meeting job budgets for labor and materials.
- Manage and track Change Orders.
- Manage day to day trucking needs and materials ordering.
- Enforce company policy and promote safety with all subordinates.
- Maintain accountability for actions and performance of yourself and subordinates.
- Working knowledge of asphalt production, minimum 3 years’ experience in a production supervisory role.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Experience and maturity to coach and train employees in a positive manor.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with vendors, clients, and coworkers.
- Ability to deal with change & adversity while still keeping a schedule and meeting deadlines.
- Computer skills to track production, prepare reports, and communicate with others (Microsoft Office & Email).