Performs work and tasks as directed by foreman and Operations Manager to complete various asphalt installation, repair, and grading work. Year round work available based on skill set.
- Take direction and perform assigned tasks in a productive, efficient, and safe manner.
- Ability to perform specialized asphalt labor work (1 or more of the following)…
- Lute man – Operate a lute to grade, fill, and level asphalt
- Shovel man – Shovel asphalt as needed
- Screw operator – Operate screw on paver as needed to install asphalt
- Minimum 2 years experience on asphalt crew as a laborer
- Communication skills to effectively communicate with crew and superiors.
- Willingness and ability to learn desired techniques and processes to complete work.
- General knowledge of paving crew and process behind installing asphalt
- Work long days in hot temperatures, handle extremely physical labor, and work around dangerous equipment.
- Ability and willingness to perform other asphalt work as directed.