Asphalt / Paving Equipment Operator
Responsible for the operation of various pieces of equipment used in the installation & repair of asphalt, grading, rolling, compacting, excavating, and loading. Year round work available based on skill set.
- Proficient in safely operating assigned piece of equipment to perform one or more of the following…
- Soil and stone grading for parking lot base.
- Compacting soil, stone, or asphalt with a roller.
- Operation of skid steer for sweeping, milling, digging, grading, and loading.
- Operation of paver to install asphalt.
- Minimum 3 years experience operating one or more of the equipment listed above.
- Communication skills to effectively communicate with subordinates and superiors.
- Ability to perform work as directed without constant direct supervision
- Ability to deal with change & adversity while still keeping a schedule and meeting deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach crew members skills and techniques to perform work.
- Complete and thorough understanding of asphalt installation process and procedures
- Work long days in hot temperatures, handle extremely physical labor, and work around dangerous equipment.
- Ability and willingness to perform other asphalt work as directed.