Performs skilled mechanical work as assigned and directed with ability to maintain, repair, and prepare equipment used in landscaping, snow removal, hauling, and asphalt work.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and make repairs as directed.
- Able to track and report time, repairs, parts, etc
- Ability to perform assigned work in skilled area in a productive, efficient, and safe manner.
- Able to complete work as assigned without constant supervision.
- Accountable for ensuring assigned work is performed and completed correctly.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, preferred technical background through vocation training w/ emphasis on diesel equipment repair as well as valid driver’s license.
- Communication skills to effectively communicate with superiors and coworkers.
- Ability to perform work as directed without constant direct supervision
- Ability to deal with change & adversity while still keeping a schedule and meeting deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach crew members skills and techniques to perform work.
- General knowledge of equipment maintenance and repairs with specific detailed knowledge in area of expertise.
- This position requires mechanic to provide tools required to complete assigned work.